What is incontinence?
- It is NOT a disease
- It is NOT supposed to happen to seniors as they age
- It is the second leading cause forcing seniors to leave their homes
- It is very treatable
- It is manageable with non-medical self-care
Facts about Incontinence:
- 80% of women and 50% of men over the age of 50 will experience incontinence
- Incontinence is NOT a part of the normal aging process
- Individuals wait an average of six years to seek help
Our CAREGivers can make a difference by implementing the “Gentle Reminder Program”. By utilizing this series of CAREGiver and client reminders, simple lifestyle changes and education on bladder health, clients can reduce and even eliminate embarrassing bladder control problems, leakage and odors. They become more confident and more independent.
For clients with lingering incontinence issues, our Client Care Manager can help recommend products made from better materials, to reduce the overall cost and improve the quality of care.
Incontinence in elderly ones can be managed with the proper guidance and education. It no longer needs to be the reason that so many older adults stop participating in the activities they love and become isolated in their homes, or are forced into a nursing facility.