We’ll Help You Get Anywhere You Want to Go!
When you have a doctor’s appointment, need to go to the hospital for tests, or simply want to do some shopping, Home Instead Senior Care can help you get anywhere you want to go. While Home Instead Senior Care is not a taxi, bus, limousine, ambulance, or transit service, we provide incidental transportation in conjunction with our companionship services.
That mean we won’t just pick you up and drop you at your destination. We’ll help you get ready, accompany you to your appointment, take notes (at your request), stay with you until you are ready to leave, and then take you back home. And, when you return home, we will stay with you until you are settled back in and ready to safely resume your activities. CAREGivers are happy to use your car or their own, whichever makes you more comfortable.
Here are just a few ways we can help:
- Doctor’s appointments and therapy sessions
- Medical testing and procedures
- Hairdresser or barber appointments
- Visits with friends and family
- Religious services, lectures, plays, concerts
- Special family events (weddings, birthdays, graduations, reunions, etc.)
Or, we can help with routine errands like:
- Drop off /pick up dry cleaning
- Pick up prescriptions
- Grocery shopping
- General shopping
There is a four hour minimum per visit, and we prefer at least a 24-hour notice. We can provide service for a single event, or on a regular schedule, seven days a week including holidays.
Since we are a non-medical service, our CAREGivers are not permitted to do any heavy lifting. So, if you use or walker or a wheelchair, you must be able to transfer from that device to the vehicle with minimal assistance from our CAREGiver.
- San Antonio Caregivers Fight Senior Loneliness at Mealtime (sanantonio.myhomecareblog.com)
- San Antonio Caregivers Can Help Seniors Obtain Flu Shots Early (sanantonio.myhomecareblog.com)